IT’S all systems go for staycations.
We can finally start to make some plans after Boris announced his road map for easing lockdown.
Three key dates will allow different forms of travel in England, while Wales and Scotland are still to announce their moves.
We have done the hard work for you and found accommodation with availability around all three of the key dates.
HOLIDAYS for single households in self-contained accommodation such as lodges, caravans and cottages. Theme parks and zoos also open.
- MAKE a break for the border and enjoy a cute pod near historic Hadrian’s Wall in Cumbria. Wallsend Glamping Pods are cosy cabins featuring a double bed, futon sofa bed and table and chairs, as well as kitchenette and en suite shower room.
There’s also heating, TV and a deck for soaking up the spring sunshine. Two nights’ self-catering is from £360, arriving April 12, for up to four. See pitchup.com.
- YOU’D be quackers not to head to Haven’s Wild Duck holiday park near Great Yarmouth. It’s a great way to welcome in spring on the Norfolk coast. Set in acres of woodland, there is plenty for little ones to explore and Gorleston’s sandy beach is just four miles away.
Four nights’ self-catering in a deluxe holiday home sleeping up to eight people is from £312 in total, arriving April 12. See haven.com or call 0333 202 5250.
- TAKE a breezy seaside break in Brighton, with all the benefits of a smart modern hotel and self-catering facilities. Supercity Aparthotels’ newest, Q Square, features studio, one-bed and penthouse suites, all with balconies as well as living areas and kitchens. A two-night stay for two adults arriving April 12 is from £238 in total. See supercityuk.com.
- LIGHT the firebowl outside the quirky Alder Igluhut at Blyth Rise Stays in Suffolk and toast your April escape under the stars.
The wooden hut features unusual lights and a bright interior, with a double bed, kitchen-dining-lounge area and en suite bathroom. A three-night weekend stay, arriving April 16, is from £525 in total, based on two sharing. See canopyandstars.co.uk.
HOTELS open, and up to six people from two different households can book self-catering caravans, lodges and cottages.
- TREAT yourself to a Bridgerton-style blow-out break in Bath. The Broad Street Townhouse is a Grade II-listed boutique hotel in the heart of the city.
There are 11 bedrooms in the traditional Bath limestone building, with luxury touches including smart TV, free wifi and rainforest showers. A two-night stay, arriving May 18, is from £200 for two sharing. See butcombe.com/broad-street-townhouse-bath.
- TEAM up with friends or family – as two households can now enjoy a holiday together – and check in to Bracken, one of three eco-friendly lodges on a working farm in North Dorset with spectacular views over the Blackmore Vale.
Inside, there’s luxury modern furnishings in a light, open-plan space, with underfloor heating and a woodburning stove. Sleeping six in three bedrooms, a four-night break, arriving May 17, is from £884 in total. See dorsethideaways.co.uk.
- DRIFT along one of the UK’s prettiest canals on board a 56ft narrowboat with family and friends, for a socially distanced break with a difference. Westmoreland 6, a comfortable, traditional craft sleeping up to six, can sail from Sowerby Bridge along three beautiful canals in the Pennines. A four-night break from May 17 is from £1,050 in total. See drifters.co.uk.
- EXPLORE Cornwall’s incredible coastline with a stay at Parkdean Resort’s Looe Bay holiday park. Go rockpooling on the nearby beach or stroll the pier and cobbled streets of East Looe.
Nearby, enjoy the flora and fauna at the Eden Project or meet the cute inhabitants of the Monkey Sanctuary. A three-night self-catering break for six in a Meadway caravan is from £169 in total, arriving May 21. See parkdeanresorts.co.uk.
UNLIMITED number of people can holiday in UK together.
- GRAB the grandparents for a holiday for up to eight in a caravan at The Orchards holiday park in Essex. This coastal park near Brightlingsea offers an outdoor pool and indoor pool, sports court, nine-hole golf and two fishing lakes.
Seven nights’ self-catering is from £50pp, based on eight sharing a “deluxe newer model caravan” on a Stay+Play basis, arriving Monday June 21. See haven.com or call 0333 202 5250.
- HABITAT Escapes’ Lower Mill Estate has many big and beautiful rental properties available for this summer. The Cotswold retreat’s Minety Lake 29 has award-winning architectural design and includes a sloping “living” roof providing habitats for wildlife.
Inside, it offers spacious ground-floor living and five large bedrooms. Two nights’ self-catering is from £137pp, based on 12 sharing, arriving April 23. See habitatescapes.com or call 01285 869489.
- IF all lockdown restrictions end on June 21, you’ll want to be near a pub or two. Luckily, there are plenty of drinking holes in Hastings. Gather all your mates for a holiday on the South Coast at a six-bedroom property near the Old Town.
Five nights’ self catering at Barley House is from £141.93pp, based on 14 sharing and arriving June 21. See thebigdomain.com.
- IT’S not only humans who have been missing out on social interaction. The dog-friendly Catcleugh Farmhouse in Northumberland sleeps ten, plus three dogs.
Hidden in Northumberland Dark Sky Park, Europe’s largest area of protected night sky, this property boasts three woodburners and is near amazing walking routes on to the Pennine Way. Five nights’ self-catering is from £157.30pp, based on ten sharing. See caninecottages.co.uk
Benidorm restarts beach ‘zone’ reservations despite long queues last summer
ON A ROLL
Is this the most beautiful Greggs in the UK? Where to find the fanciest bakeries
UK campsites devastated as thousands to remain closed until May 17
Inside the abandoned rotting Thomas Cook planes so mouldy they had to be torn apart
JET READY TO GO
Jet2 reports 1000% sales boom – with Spain, Greece & Turkey top of list
HAVEN’ A BALL
Haven to reopen parks from April 12 following lockdown announcement
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org